I think it's high time that I started blogging my journey delivering course content for two OCR Applied ICT units to my current sixth for students.
I have been lucky enough to be able to purchase 5 MacBookAirs to complement the 5 iPads and 20 iPod touches we currently have in my dept.
The iPads and iPods have been in circulation around the school, being loaned out nearly every day now, for over a year. The iPods have a carry case that doubles up as a sync and charge system which is very handy for delivering the iPods around school. They have been used in many ways of which I will blog about over the coming weeks and months.
Onto the 6th form teaching. In Y13 I currently teach 2 A2 units;
A2 Unit GO50 : Interactive Multimedia Products
Interactive multimedia products can play an important role in entertainment, education and in providing information.
This unit helps candidates to:
- · Be critical of commercially-produced interactive multimedia products;
- · Appreciate what is involved in the design and creation of interactive multimedia products.
- · Research into interactive multimedia products;
- · Produce elements of interactive multimedia products;
- · Design and build an interactive multimedia product to meet a client’s requirements;
- · Review their interactive multimedia product for its effectiveness in meeting the clients’ requirements